A total of 5 courses (20 credits) selected according to the following principles:
- No more than one section of History 105 may be taken.
- At least two courses at the 300 or 400 level.
- At least one course in each of three of the following areas:
- History of Asia
- History of Europe
- Global/Comparative History
- History of Latin America
- History of North Africa/Middle East
- History of the United States
- Humanities 201 (History Track) counts as a 200-level history course, although it does not fulfill the area requirements listed above.
Credit earned through AP or IB does not fulfill the requirements of the major or minor but does count toward the 128 credits required for graduation.